School vacations are a time of critical need for working families, especially for those who have children with disabilities. Camp Shutaf provides a supportive social environment of welcome and acceptance. Camp activities include an arts program with a therapeutic mindset – music, drama, arts and crafts, dance – as well as animal care, gardening, swimming, sports, science, self-defense and physical-sensory activities. Transportation is provided for all participants to and from camp each day.
Camp Shutaf’s unique, reverse-inclusion model brings together participants with diverse developmental, physical, and learning disabilities (75% of participants) alongside participants without disabilities (25% of participants). Shutaf’s inclusion ethos, professional program planning and staff training ensures an excellent program in a uniquely, accepting environment.
Shutaf’s professional approach toward participant intake, program planning, staff training and support, as well as ongoing data collection and evaluation, ensure a successful experience for every participant, and continued program excellence.
Tuition includes breakfast, hot lunch, and busing to and from camp. Scholarship is available. For more information: email@example.com
Passover Day Camp. During the pre-Passover school break.
- Campers (ages 6-12) enjoy a wide variety of professionally presented activities
- Explorers (ages 12-14) enjoy activities appropriate for young teens, including weekly adventures out and about in Jerusalem.
Passover Teen Overnight Experience. A 3 day/2 night sleepaway program for teens, ages 14-21. Held at Tur Sinai, a local organic farm just outside of Jerusalem, this overnight camp offers a place for young people to just be themselves while implementing new skills learned year-round at Shutaf.
Summer Day Camp. During the first 3 weeks of August.
- Campers (ages 6-12) enjoy a wide variety of camp activities.
- Explorers (ages 12-14) take part in age-appropriate camp activities and out-and-about in Jerusalem.
- Bogrim (ages 14-21) focus on inclusive, group-building activities appropriate to their changing developmental and social needs.
- Junior Counselors (ages 16-21) Shutaf’s JC program offers inclusive, social and work experiences for teens, with and without disabilities, creating equality while helping change established notions of difference.
- Lunchroom Vocational Educational Program (ages 17-30). An on-the-job training program is offered for young people, with and without disabilities, who’d like to develop food-service skills. The program is supervised by a coordinator who helps problem solve as well as support the group as well as each team member.
Find out more about Shutaf camps for your child, teen or young adult, firstname.lastname@example.org