CHALLENGING BEHAVIORS TRAINING TOOLS
CHALLENGING BEHAVIORS – 5 QUICK TIPS
How to be a detective when problem solving behavioral issues?
- Recognize behaviors that are learned and reinforced over a lifetime of experience, no matter how young a child.
- Always see the participant and not the behavior problem.
- Research the participant’s day – where they go and what they experience – in order to understand what situations create responses that are hard to control.
- Speak to those who know and work with the participant – find out what they know as part of understanding the triggers and his/her daily experiences.
- Develop and practice consistency and stability – emotional and physical – so that you can absorb the energy of someone’s challenging behavior and let it out safely.