SHIFT YOUR MINDSET FORWARD – 5 QUICK TIPS
How do you look at yourself and others?
- Work beyond your all-to-human tendency to stereotype or categorize people based on looks, dress or disability.
- Reevaluate your preconceived notions about people with disabilities
- Become more self-aware – of yourself, your reactions to others, and why.
- Be a problem-solver with a proactive mindset of “I can figure out how to meet this person’s needs.”
- Build awareness of your needs and your new understanding of the issues, and how to move your inclusion plans and your inclusive mindset forward.