DE-ESCALATION CASE STUDY 2 – 5 QUICK TIPS
De-escalating challenging moments is complicated but possible (and successful) with proper training and technique building.
- When a situation with a participant moves beyond your control, focus on de-escalating the situation using these 3 concepts, changing your mindset, positive communication, and problem-solving.
- Pause and think to yourself, “What’s really going on here?”
- Take a deep breath and shift your mindset in order to focus on what the participants really need at that moment.
- Try using calming language that doesn’t blame anyone to gain the participants’ trust.
- A positive approach and positive language will you help be ready to problem solve, build relationships, and learn together.