DE-ESCALATE A TOUGH SITUATION
DE-ESCALATING A TOUGH SITUATION – 5 QUICK TIPS
What happens when a situation moves beyond your control? Find out how to change your mindset, use positive communication, and problem-solve your way through challenging moments.
- Don’t take it personally! Focus on what the participant needs in order to work through the situation.
- Try using non-verbal communication and calming techniques during moments when talking it through just won’t work.
- Communicate with a participant in a way that honors their feelings so they feel heard.
- Think about the triggers that might have caused the behavior so you can brainstorm (with your staff) potential solutions.
- There is no one-size-fits-all solution and that’s okay!
MORE FROM THIS SERIES