MENTORSHIP TRAINING TOOLS
INCLUSIVE MENTORSHIP – 5 QUICK TIPS
Successful mentorship is a partnership between the mentor and the staffer. It’s a balancing act between guiding and role modeling, while allowing the staff to fine tune their skills individually and as a team.
- Fill your staff with individuals diverse in abilities, personalities and background.
- Successful mentorship is a balancing act. You’re empowering the staff to work freely and decisively, with backup support available as needed for problem solving.
- Successful mentorship extends beyond the initial training period. It’s about the ongoing conversations and the relationships that build over time between the whole staff.
- Establishing a sense of trust among the staff will make the difference in helping mentees build the confidence they need when trying out new skills and ideas.
- Use modeling to demonstrate best practices during real life moments.
MORE FROM THIS SERIES