WHAT’S NEXT? We’ve got more resources for you
BREAK THE CYCLE OF NEGATIVE THOUGHTS – 5 QUICK TIPS
Can you find a way to break through the negative feelings that have developed about a participant and their challenging behaviors?
- Negative words (and reactions) can reinforce challenging behavior.
- Acknowledge that you may have intentionally or unintentionally created a cycle of negativity when it comes to a particular participant and their challenging behaviors.
- Make sure the participant knows you always support them even when their behavior is challenging.
- Breaking through a negative-loop-cycle takes thoughtful problem solving while honoring the participant’s and the staff’s needs, so that success is possible.
- A positive attitude really helps break the negative-loop-cycle.
DOWNLOAD THESE TEACHING TOOLS