Shift Your Language to a Positive Gear. Create New Possibilities.
What’s the positive language you like to use? You know, that much-needed pat on the back you give yourself when encouraging personal success. Share the love with others, using empowering language like, “Yes, you can,” as opposed to “No, that’s too hard.” Language that always presumes competence builds confidence in each and every person.
SHIFT FORWARD WITH YOUR LANGUAGE – 5 QUICK TIPS
- Empowering Language encourages personal success.
- Positive Language creates positive feelings and expectations.
- Respectful Language helps discourage long-held stereotypes.
- Active Language means thinking visually for better understanding.
- Check in, Clarify, and Repeat, especially when setting goals and skill building.