STRUCTURED FLEXIBILITY TRAINING TOOLS
STRUCTURED FLEXIBILITY – 5 QUICK TIPS
Sam’s Story offers a window into thinking inclusively and using Structured Flexibility, as Sam’s counselor and supervisor work together creatively to meet his needs.
- Show participants (and staff) support and understanding, especially during challenging moments.
- Responding to different needs with creativity and flexibility is one of the pathways to inclusion success.
- Have a plan B, C, D and even E at the ready for those participants who need a different approach.
- Empower the staff to think creatively and flexibly with participants and other staff in easier and more complicated situations.
- Build a relationship of trust with participants, parents and participants’ allies (like a coach or therapist).
MORE FROM THIS SERIES