TRAINING AND MENTORING TOOLS
TRAINING AND MENTORING YOUR STAFF – 5 QUICK TIPS
Working with staff is all about building open and safe communication, with conversations about expectations, teamwork, preparation, reflection, and (receiving and offering) positive reinforcement.
- Spend time with your staff exploring personal feelings and even misconceptions about difference,
- During staff training, make time for interactive, small group activities.
- Reflect together as a staff every day, and at the end of your program. Celebrate successes and talk through challenges.
- Mentoring staff needs a positive attitude. Help each staffer feel valued, heard and respected.
- Give your staff the freedom to take initiative, try out new ideas, and feel a sense of ownership to the program.